- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Total: 14 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This dip is always a favorite at friendly gatherings. Serve with baked tortilla chips and toasted pita bread wedges.
- 1 16-ounce can spicy refried beans
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeño slices, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup canned sliced black olives
- Place the refried beans, black beans, scallions, salsa, cumin, chili powder and jalapeños in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Transfer the bean mixture to a microwave safe bowl and sprinkle evenly with the Monterey Jack cheese.
- Place in microwave and heat on high for about 4 minutes; the cheese will have melted and the beans will be warm.
- Evenly spread the sour cream on top of the beans and then top with the lettuce, tomato, avocado and olives. Serve immediately.