- Prep: 40 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Serves 6 People
Try this delicious Southwestern take on egg rolls.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can Libby's "Mexicorn" with red & green bell peppers
- 1 stalk cilantro
- 1 large can black beans
- 3 tablespoons fresh, minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 pound chicken breasts (skinless and boneless)
- 6 burrito-sized white flour tortillas
- Small slices of Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 bag of fresh spinach or romaine lettuce
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 cups of shredded chedder cheese (optional)
- Butter Crisco for deep frying
- Cut and dice chicken breasts into small cubes. Heat skillet with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and let cook; sprinkle with cilantro, pepper, and cumin.
- In another large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil; add, cilantro, garlic, cumin, Mexicorn, and black beans; cook on medium-high heat, until cooked thoroughly; cover and simmer.
- When chicken is cooked, add chicken to the corn and bean mixture, simmer.
- Open tortillas, place slices of cheese across middle for faster melting; add 3 tablespoons of mixture on the cheese; lay fresh spinach leaves on top of mixture in tortilla add 3 teaspoons of sour cream behind layers; fold in the ends and roll up.
- Heat butter Crisco in deep fryer or pan at medium-high to high heat. Place egg rolls in grease and cook until light golden brown. Cool, cut in half and serve.