- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 16 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Make this salad ahead of time to allow the flavors to blend and intensify. A great dish to bring to a barbeque or potluck.
- 3 large ears of corn, husked
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- Pour 1-inch of water into a large pot and bring to a boil. Add the corn and cook for 3 minutes. When the corn is cool enough to handle, remove kernels with a sharp knife.
- In the meantime, toast the pine nuts in a small skillet over medium-low heat for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, place the lime juice, oil, cilantro, salt and pepper, and whisk together to combine.
- Add the corn, pine nuts, beans, cabbage, tomato and onion and toss well.