- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 8 servings
A saucy, cheesy bean soup.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup shredded Mexican 4-cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack, divided
- Add the butter to a large pot to melt. Cook the onion, bell pepper, and garlic for 5 minutes. Mix in the tomatoes, beans, chili powder, coriander and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Heat to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer for 25 minutes. Add in the Mexican cheese, a stir constantly until melted.
- Sprinkle with the Monterey Jack cheese to serve.