- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 6
Add some spice to you meal time. Serve this flavor packed Southwestern Bean Bake with sour cream and salsa for a midweek fiesta.
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 cup Bisquick
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- In a saucepan, bring beans, tomatoes, salsa, and ketchup to a boil then pour into ungreased casserole dish.
- Combine Bisquick, cornmeal, milk, butter, and onions to form a soft dough.
- Use a spoon to drop dough onto bean mixture.
- Bake in a 425 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 20-25 minutes.