- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 hr
- Total: 10 hr 20 min
- Serving: 6
For a spicer taste add chili powder.
- 1 cup dried pinto beans
- 2 pounds chicken breast, skin and bone removed
- 1 cup corn niblets
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 can small can chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Place the beans in a medium bowl, cover it with water and let it stand overnight.
- Drain the beans.
- Discard the water.
- Place the beans and all the other ingredients (except the cilantro) in the Crock-Pot.
- Stir slowly until it is mixed well.
- Cover it and cook on low setting for 10 to 12 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker with a slotted spoon. Tear the chicken apart with a fork.
- Return the chicken to a slow cooker.
- Add the cilantro.
- Stir slowly until it is well blended.
- Ready to serve.