- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 7 hr 10 min
- Total: 7 hr 40 min
- Serving: 6-8 servings
A wonderful end of the day stew with ham and vegetables. Delicious served with warm cornbread.
- 2 cups dried black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cooked, cubed ham
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 (15 ounce) can yellow hominy, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Add the black-eyed peas to a saucepan, cover with water. Bring to a boil and drain.
- Add the peas, ham, onion, celery, hominy, tomatoes, broth, seasoned salt and 5 cups of water to a greased slow cooker. Cook covered for 7-9 hours on low.
- Mix the cornstarch into 1/3-cup of water. Increase the slow cooker heat to high, and stir the mixture in. Cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.