- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 7 hr
- Total: 7 hr 30 min
- Serving: 6-8 servings
A spicy, beef, bean and rice slow cooked stew. A simple dinner when served with warm tortillas.
- 1-1/2 to 2 pound boneless beef chuck roast, fat trimmed, cut into 1-inch cubes, browned
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans with liquid
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup mild or medium green salsa
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 cups water
- Add everything to a greased slow cooker. Season with salt. Cook covered for 7-8 hours on low.