- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Fresh shrimp are first coated in a delicious spice mixture and then sautéed to perfection in this delightful summer salad.
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil plus to drizzle
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon za'atar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 black pepper
- 12 pieces cleaned large shrimp
- 3 cups chopped peeled cucumber (about 3 cucumbers)
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon white winte vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Put the garlic, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, oregano, za'atar, salt and pepper into a small bowl and mix well to combine. Add the cleaned shrimp and toss well to coat.
- Place the remaining olive oil into a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the shrimp and sauté for about 3 minutes until opaque.
- Place the sautéed shrimp into a bowl and then add the cucumber, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, onion, feta, olives, tomatoes and a few pinches of salt, red and black pepper to taste. Toss the mixture well to combine, drizzle with a touch of oil and then serve.