- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 4
Enjoy warm, steamed collard greens with a Parmesan vinaigrette dressing as a delicious side dish. Collard greens are a good luck tradition for New Year's Day, but they are delicious any time of the year.
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 pounds collard greens, rinsed, tough stems discarded, leaves chopped
- Steam the collard greens according to the time stated in your steamer’s manual or in a steamer basket for five minutes. Transfer to a serving dish.
- In the meantime, mix together the Parmesan, oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard and a sprinkle of salt and pepper with a whisk until frothy.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the greens and serve at once.