- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 6
Southern Bondaa is a South Indian potato snack.
- 6 Potatoes
- 1 cup gram flour, yellow
- 1/4 cup Rice flour
- 6 Green chilies
- 1 small piece of Ginger, grated
- 8 Curry leaves
- 1 small bunch of Cilantro, washed and finely chopped
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Whole black gram
- 1/2 tsp yellow gram
- 1/2 cup Cashew, chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Oil for frying
- Boil potatoes in water after adding turmeric and salt in it.
- Peel the boiled potatoes and mash them. Keep aside.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry mustard, whole black gram, yellow gram, cashews, green chilies, curry leaves and ginger in it.
- Mix mashed potatoes in it and add lemon juice.
- Make balls out of this mixture and keep aside.
- Mix gram flour and some salt in a bowl.
- Coat the balls in this mixture and deep fry.
- Serve hot.