- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 4
South of the Border Pizza is topped with lettuce, green onions and pickled cherry peppers.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1, 7 1/2 ounce can taco sauce
- 1 1/4 cups biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1, 4 ounce can green chilies, drained
- 1, 8 ounce package Monterey Jack cheese slices
- green onions, sliced
- lettuce, shredded
- pickled cherry peppers
- Brown meat lightly in large skillet; stir in taco sauce; cook, uncovered, 5 minutes or until almost dry. Remove from heat; cool.
- Combine biscuit mix and cornmeal in a large bowl; add milk; mix with a fork until moistened; press with floured hands, on lightly greased cookie sheet to a 12 inch round. Spread meat mixture over dough to edge. Arrange green chilies and cheese over meat.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes or until edges are brown and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with green onions and shredded lettuce; garnish with pickled red cherry peppers.