- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 4
Get your family out of bed Sunday morning with these fragrant, moist Sour Cream Muffins.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Beat egg until light. Blend in sour cream, dates, shortening and sugar.
- Add sifted dry ingredients to sour cream mixture. Stir lightly.
- Fill greased muffin tins (standard size) two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from muffin tins and serve warm.