- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Frosting for 24 cupcakes
This sweet, creamy and slightly tangy frosting is delicious spread on your favorite cupcake or cake recipe.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 8-ounce carton sour cream
- 1 2-pound bag powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Place the butter and sour cream into a large bowl and beat with a handheld mixer until combined.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue to beat after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla and the milk and then cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before using.