- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 10
Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas will become a family fiesta favorite.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1, 4 ounce can green chilies, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1, 16 ounce container light sour cream
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- coarsely ground black pepper
- 10, 7 inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9 by 13 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, jalapenos, garlic, chilies, cilantro, soup and sour cream. Cook 10 minutes, or until thoroughly heated. Stir in chicken; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange tortillas on a work surface. Spoon about 1/3 cup sauce onto each tortilla, roll up and place seam side down crosswise in pan. Pour remaining sauce evenly over top and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes.