- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 4-6 servings
A classic biscuit recipe.
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 (8 ounec) carton sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Cut the shortening in with a little salt.
- Gently stir in the sour cream. Lightly flour a board, turn the batter out and knead.
- Roll out to 1/2-inch thickness and use a biscuit cutter to cut out biscuits. Arrange on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until browned.