- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 8 servings
A cheesy ham and potato, vegetable packed, soup.
- 1 (32 ounce) carton chicken broth
- 3 baked potatoes, peeled and grated
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can green peas, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chilies
- 3 cups chopped ham
- 1 (16 ounce) package cubed Mexican Velveeta cheese
- 1 (1 pint) half-and-half cream
- Mix together the broth, potatoes, onions, celery, peas, green chilies and ham in a large soup pan. Stir constantly and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Mix in the cheese and stir constantly until melted. Pour in the cream, continue stirring, and cook until heated through- not allowing to boil.