- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Makes 2 dozen cookies
These soft, chewy cookies make a cozy afternoon snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee. Consider baking a batch to share with a friend or neighbor.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 cups oats
- Cream butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in oats.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for one hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.