- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 27 min
- Serving: Makes 5 dozen cookies
With these cookies, you get the old-fashioned taste without the hard crunch.
- 1-1/2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4-1/2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs.
- Stir in molasses.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Allow dough to chill in refrigerator for 1 hour or until dough can be easily handled.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls, then roll in sugar.
- Place onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes.