- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Serves 4-6 people
For a healthy and filling meal, try Soba Noodles with Shrimp, Snow Peas & Carrots. This is a favorite your guests or family with love.
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 ounces snow peas
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined with tails removed
- 1, 8-ounce package soba noodles (buckwheat)
- about 4-5 ounces of shredded or matchstick carrots (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons peeled, grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro, chopped (save some for garnish)
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, hot sauce. Set aside.
- Bring a large pan of with water and 1 teaspoon of salt to a boil. Add the noodles and cook for about 4 minutes. Add the carrots and cook for another minute. Add the shrimp and snow peas. Cook another 2 minutes.
- Drain the noodles, shrimp & vegetables, reserving about 1/2 cup of the water. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Whisk together the reserved cooking water and the peanut butter mixture until blended. Add the peanut sauce and the cilantro to the noodle mixture and toss until evenly coated.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish with remaining cilantro.