- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Serves 4-6 people
Soba noodle stir fry uses a popular Japanese noodle for this dish with lots of fresh veggies. This is a delicious stir fry!
- 8 ounces uncooked soba noodles (or packaged as Japanese buckwheat pasta)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 (14-ounce) package firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions, drain and set aside.
- Use a large non-stick skillet or wok to heat the oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, bell pepper, red pepper and garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Add the cabbage and cover the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes or until the cabbage is wilted.
- In a small bowl, combine the vegetable broth, tamari or soy sauce, rice wine and cornstarch. Stir the sauce into the vegetable mixture and cook for about 2 minutes or until the sauce bubbles.
- Add the tofu and noodles to the mixture. Gently toss everything together until it's all heated through. Garnish with the green onions and serve immediately.