- Prep: 1 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 1 hr 22 min
- Serving: 10
Snowball Cookies are rolled in confectioner's sugar.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped fine
- extra confectioner's sugar for rolling cookies
- Mix butter, sugar and vanilla thoroughly. Add flour and salt. Mix well, then add walnuts.
- Roll dough into one large ball and chill for 1 hour.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. While still warm, roll in confectioner's sugar. Let cool. Roll in sugar again.