- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Crisp snow peas are sautéed with shallots and garlic and then tossed with sesame seeds in this elegant side dish recipe.
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 pound snow peas, stringed
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the olive oil into a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the shallots and sauté for 1 minute, and then add the snow peas and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the pan and sauté the mixture for 2 minutes. Stir in the sesame oil, sesame seeds and a few pinches of salt and pepper and toss the mixture well to combine. Serve immediately.