- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Makes 3 dozen cookies
These soft and chewy snickerdoodles are sure to be a family favorite!
- 1 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cloves
- Mix together shortening, tartar, sugar, baking soda, eggs, salt and flour.
- Form dough into rolled balls.
- Combine 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon cinnamon and 1 tablespoon cloves. Roll balls through mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.