- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 52 min
- Total: 1 hr 7 min
- Serving: 4 to 6 servings
A smooth and creamy autumn soup that can be garnished with crispy crumbled bacon or cubed pancetta sprinkled on top.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 large leeks (white and pale green parts only), halved lengthwise, thinly sliced (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 2 large russet potatoes (about 18 ounces total), peeled, diced
- 4-1/2 cups chicken stock
- olive oil to drizzle
- 4 slices toasted garlic bread
- In a soup pot, melt the butter over medium heat and sauté the leeks for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Cover the pan and cook the leeks for 10 minutes and then add the potatoes and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- With a handheld blender, puree the soup and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and serve hot, drizzled with olive oil and with a slice of garlic bread.