- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4
Bacon adds great flavor to Smoky Spinach Salad.
- 2 pounds spinach, washed and stems removed
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and chopped
- 1/2 pound bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add flour to bacon grease drippings. Stir well. Add sugar, vinegar and salt. Stir until smooth and thick. Add the spinach leaves, onions and eggs. Stir well to coat. Serve immediately.