- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This Southern-style smoky shrimp and grits dish made with fresh spinach and cheddar cheese is a delicious home-style meal. If you can’t make your own homemade grits, use some quick-cooking grits instead to save time.
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking grits
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded 3/4 cup
- 1-1/2 cups baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup snipped chives
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 pound shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Cook the grits according to package directions.
- Once the grits have cooked, stir in the cheddar cheese, spinach and chives and mix well until the cheese has completely melted.
- In the meantime, place the onion into a large sauté pan over high heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds before stirring in the shrimp, paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper; cook the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Pour the wine into the pan and cook until the shrimp turn white in color. Serve the grits in bowls topped with the shrimp mixture.