- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: 10
Flavorful and filling, this smoky sausage stew is an easy crowd-pleaser.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds smoked pork link sausage, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle dark beer
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions, garnish
- In a large heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add the sausage and cook, stirring often, to brown.
- Add the onions, garlic and spices, and cook, stirring often, until onions are softened.
- Add beer to deglaze pan, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, and cook until the foam disappears.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, and kidney beans and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with goat cheese and green onions