- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 10 Servings
These elegant little hors devours are both chic and tasty and can be passed around to guests sipping on glasses of chilled champagne or chardonnay.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, plus 1-inch lengths, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped drained capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 English muffins, split, toasted and buttered
- 1/2 pound skinless smoked trout fillet, coarsely chopped
- Fresh chives to garnish
- Place the cream cheese, shallot, chopped chives, capers and lemon juice into a bowl. Sprinkle the mixture with a few pinches of sea salt and a few grinds of fresh black pepper, and then mix together until thoroughly blended.
- Spread each toasted and buttered muffin slice with the cream cheese mixture and then top with the trout. Garnish the appetizers with some fresh chives and serve immediately.