- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Fresh, clean and crisp flavors define this light salad made with sliced apples, endive, smoked trout and toasted walnuts.
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2-1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons walnut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Belgian endives, leaves separated
- 1 Granny Smith apple, halve, cored, and very thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound boneless smoked trout
- 1 cup small watercress sprigs
- Place the endives, apple, walnuts, trout and watercress into a shallow salad bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Put the shallot, vinegars and mustard into a blender and process the mixture until smooth. With the blender’s motor running, slowly pour the oils into the blender and continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and then drizzle the dressing over the salad; serve immediately.