- Prep: 1 hr 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Accompany this elegant appetizer with a bottle of Pinot Gris or Pinot Noir, and a basket of whole wheat crackers.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme
- 1 8-ounce piece smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Place the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon peel, lemon juice and thyme into a bowl. Stir the mixture well to combine and then cover and place into the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill.
- Place the salmon onto a small serving platter and garnish with the red onion and the capers. Serve with chilled thyme mayonnaise.