- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: 2 Servings
You deserve to start your day with an elegant and satisfying breakfast, even on busy mornings. This smoked salmon breakfast sandwich recipe might take a little longer to make than a bowl of cereal, but the combination of protein from the eggs and salmon and the complex carbohydrates from the whole wheat English Muffin will leave you satisfied and ready to tackle the day!
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 4 slices smoked salmon, room temperature
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Whole Wheat English Muffins, split and toasted
- Season creme fraiche with lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl with salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-low heat, melt butter until foamy and add eggs, chives and tarragon. Cook about 5 minutes until set.
- Divide creme fraiche among toasted English muffins, top with a slice of smoked salmon and a quarter of the eggs. Garnish with chives and tarragon and serve warm.