- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 8
These can be made ahead of time and put into the freezer, so they are on hand for those guests who pop in unexpected or a special date night when you don't want to spend hours cooking a first course.
- 1 large ripe peach, halved, pitted, finely diced
- 1/2 pound smoked salmon, flaked or cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons diced shallots
- 4 tablespoons goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 phyllo (fillo) dough sheets, thawed
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the peach, salmon, shallots, goat cheese, chives and lemon juice in a medium-sized bowl.
- Lightly brush each sheet of phyllo with the melted butter and stack them.
- With the short end facing you.
- Spread the peach salmon filling on the bottom 1/3 of the phyllo dough.
- Roll up like a jelly roll and place on a baking sheet, seam side down.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool and slice into 8 pieces.