- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Use wild smoked salmon as an alternative to the farm-raised variety, for a healthier and tastier alternative.
- 4 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 3 medium carrots, cut lengthwise in 1/2-inch-wide sticks
- 3 stalks celery, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide sticks
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium lemon peel, shredded
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- Place the salmon, carrot, celery, fennel and apple into a large salad bowl.
- Combine the olive oil, the lemon peel, lemon juice, sugar, and salt in a small bowl and whisk vigorously to blend.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salmon mixture and let stand for 10 minutes, tossing after 5 minutes.
- Add the capers and toss once more. Serve immediately.