- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 6 hr
- Total: 6 hr 10 min
- Serving: Serves about 8
Looking for a meal that will cook itself? Try this incredible chili made with thick-cut bacon, zesty spices and slow cooked beef. It's hearty, filling and full of flavor -- plus, the slow cooker does all the work!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 pieces of thick-cut bacon
- 16 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 can black beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- Liberal dashes of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook about 5 minutes, or until done. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Add the beef, onion, broth, tomatoes, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper, mushrooms and beans into a slow cooker. Chop the bacon into bite-size pieces and add to the pot. Garnish with salt and pepper and red pepper.
- Set your slow cooker on low and cook about 6 - 8 hours, or until the beef is fully cooked. Serve it with cheddar cheese and enjoy!