- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 4 hr
- Total: 4 hr 20 min
- Serving: 6-8 servings
A delicious slow cooker onion broth with a cheesy French bread top.
- 5-6 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6-8 (1-inch) slices French bread
- 6-8 slices Swiss cheese
- Cook the onions and garlic in the butter in a skillet over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring often. Do NOT brown.
- Combine the onions, garlic, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce and 1 cup of water in a greased slow cooker. Cook covered on low for 5-8 hours, or on high for 2-1/2 to 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, toast the bread. Add a slice of cheese to the top of each and broil for 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Pour the soup into bowls and serve with the bread slices over top.