- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 8 servings
Take advantage of the convenience of a slow cooker to make this spicy, satisfying and delicious slow cooker chili chicken soup
- 1 pound shredded, cooked chicken
- 1, 15-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1,10-ounce can enchilada sauce
- 1 onion, diced
- 1, 4-ounce can green chile peppers, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1, 14 1/2 ounce can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-10 ounce package frozen peas
- Vegetable oil
- 7 soft corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Combine chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic to crock pot; add water and broth and sprinkle with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf; stir in corn and cover with lid.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, preheat oven to 200 degrees F and brush a baking sheet with oil. Place tortilla strips on baking sheet and bake 10 to 15 minutes or until crispy.
- Top soup with sour cream and tortilla strips.