- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 7 hr
- Total: 7 hr 5 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A good mix of wild mushroom includes a combination of shiitake, button, crimini, and oyster. Make sure to brush or wipe the mushrooms clean of all dirt and grit.
Photo originally appeared on bhg.com
- 5 cups sliced mixed fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup dried tomato pieces
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds chicken thighs or drumsticks (with bone), skinned
- 4 cups cooked spinach fettuccine
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese to top
- Place the mushrooms, onion, carrot, dried tomato, chicken broth, wine, tapioca, thyme, basil, garlic salt, and pepper into a slow cooker and then top with the chicken.
- Cover the cooker and cook on high for 3 hours, or cook on low for 7 hours. Serve the chicken over the spinach fettuccine pasta and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.