- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 8 hr
- Total: 8 hr 20 min
- Serving: 10
Brought to you by Better Homes & Gardens Crockery cookbook.
- 2 lbs. beef round steak, 1/4-inch thick
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil, crushed
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Trim fat and pound steak till very thin.
- Cut into 10 equal rectangular pieces.
- Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Combine the onion, parsley and basil.
- Divide between the meat pieces and place in the middle of each piece.
- Roll up and tuck edges in around stuffing.
- Tie or secure with toothpicks.
- Coat meat rolls with flour and brown in hot oil in skillet.
- Drain and place in crockery cooker.
- Combine the soup, catsup and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for about 8 hours or until meat is done.
- Remove toothpicks and enjoy with the sauce.