- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 16 min
- Total: 36 min
- Serving: Makes 4 Servings
Serve this main course recipe with a side of steamed broccoli rabe and some roasted fingerling potatoes for a complete and delicious dinner.
- 1-1/4 pound flank steak
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, preferably in oil, drained
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon sherry or red wine vinegar
- Season the meat on both sides with 1 teaspoon of cumin and some salt and pepper.
- Grease the bottom of a large frying pan with the olive oil and set over medium heat until hot.
- Add the steak and cook for 13 minutes, turning once, for medium rare doneness, then transfer to a cutting board to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- In the meantime, place the water, tomatoes, capers, garlic, parsley and vinegar into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the tomato mixture to a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for 3 minutes and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the sauce over the slices of steak and serve.