- Prep: 2 hr
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 2 hr 8 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
These robust sandwiches are full of flavor and yet are so simple and quick to make. Serve with a side of garlic French fries and a bread and butter pickle.
- 2 jumbo French bread rectangular rolls
- 1 small jar of roasted red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1, 10 oz skirt steak
- 2 parts mayonnaise
- 1 part prepared pesto
- 2 whole romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Salt & pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together the Worcestershire sauce, cumin and salt and pepper. Cover the steak with the mixture and marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare the grill on high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and the pesto together and set aside.
- Grill the steaks for 4 minutes per side for medium-rare doneness. During the last few minutes, place the rolls on the grill, cut side down, and toast.
- Remove the rolls, and coat the insides with the mayonnaise mixture. Cut the steak into strips and evenly distribute the steak between the two rolls. Add the red peppers and the lettuce and serve the sandwiches, cut in half, immediately.