- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 11 min
- Serving: 1 sandwich
A low-fat version of the famous McMuffin that won't weigh you down, since it's made with whole wheat English muffins, low-sodium turkey bacon and light cheese slices!
- 1 whole wheat English muffin
- 1 egg
- 2 pieces low-sodium turkey bacon
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 piece part-skim cheese
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Coat a medium skillet with cooking spray. On medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Add maple syrup once bacon is mostly finished and needs just a minute longer, about 3 - 4 minutes. Once bacon has absorbed syrup, sprinkle with a little bit of brown sugar.
- While bacon is cooking, spray another small skillet with cooking spray. Crack an egg and cook over easy, careful not to break the yolk. Cook until yolk is runny, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place egg and bacon on the toasted English muffin. Top with cheese and enjoy!