- Prep: 1 hr 45 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 1 hr 45 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Ambrosia, otherwise known as the food of the gods, is a fruit salad that is made with sour cream or whipped cream. Enjoy this lighter recipes made with reduced-fat Greek yogurt.
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 cups green, red or black seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup flaked, unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped dried mango
- Place the yogurt, sugar, and almond extract into a large bowl and stir vigorously until thoroughly blended.
- Add the pineapple, orange, grapes, bananas, coconut, almonds and mango to the bowl and gently mix to combine. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for 1-1/2 hours prior to serving.