- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 4
Skillet Salsibury Steak is meat, potatoes and vegetables all in one pan.
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cups bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup steak sauce (Heinz 57)
- 1 large onion, diced ( divided in half)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 whole medium potatoes, peeled and sliced in 1/4 inch circles
- 1 can whole green beans
- In a bowl combine beef, egg, milk, bread crumbs, steak sauce, 1/2 of the onion and desired amount of salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly then form into 4 meat patties. Place in skillet and brown both sides.
- Combine crushed tomatoes and garlic and pour over meat. Place potatoes and green beans around meat; cover and simmer 30-40 minutes. When the potatoes are done, so is meat.