- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Okra is a common side dish in the South. Enjoy it here roasted and seasoned with a medley of spices.
- 3/4 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of ground fenugreek, optional
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound small okra, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Place the paprika with the cumin, coriander, fennel, turmeric, cinnamon and fenugreek in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Place 1 tablespoon of oil, each, into two large skillets, and place over high heat.
- Divide the okra between each of the skillets and cook for 2 minutes before reducing the heat to medium and cooking for an additional 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the okra with the spice mixture and cook over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and then drizzle with the lemon juice. Serve hot.