- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 3 min
- Total: 23 min
- Serving: 6 People
From Fish: Recipes From The Sea (Phaidon Press, March 2012, $45)
- Juice of 2 limes, strained
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 24 scallops, shucked and cleaned
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pour the lime juice into a shallow dish, season with salt and pepper, add the garlic and scallops and let marinate in a cool place for 10 minutes.
- Peel the bell peppers with a vegetable peeler, remove the seeds and chop into 24 pieces.
- Preheat the grill (broiler).
- Drain the scallops and thread 4 onto each of 6 skewers, alternating with the chunks of red and green bell peppers. Brush with oil and grill (broil) for 1-1/2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the heat, season with salt and pepper, transfer to a serving dish and serve.