- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 8 servings
This sizzling shrimp scampi dish is prepared with lemon, garlic, parsley and thyme-flavored butter. Serve it as an appetizer or a starter along with thick slices of crusty bread and a bottle of Pinot Noir or Albarino.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds large shrimp-shelled and deveined, tails left on
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced basil leaves
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the butter, garlic, 2 teaspoons of the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice and thyme into a bowl and whisk well to combine. Season the mixture with a few pinches of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, and then continue to whisk until completely blended.
- Put the shrimp into a baking dish, tail-side up, and place in a circular pattern. Top the shrimp with the butter mixture and then place in the oven for 12 minutes. Serve immediately garnished with the remaining parsley and the basil leaves.