- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 21 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
An extremely popular tapas dish, enjoy these spicy and succulent pieces of sautéed shrimp as an appetizer or as part of an entrée.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound medium peeled and deveined shrimp (tails left on)
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place the oil, garlic, bay leaf and red pepper in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and sauté for 40 seconds.
- Drop in the shrimp and sprinkle with salt. Continue to sauté for 3-4 minutes and then pour in the wine and the lemon juice.
- Cook the mixture for an additional 30 seconds, season with some salt and pepper to taste, and sprinkle with parsley. Place the shrimp on a serving dish and serve immediately.