- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4
This is a tasty delectable filling to pour into a pastry shell or serve over a bed of rice.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (4 ounce) onion, finely chopped (about Â¾ cup)
- 1 (8 ounce) sweet potato, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup beef broth or water
- Â½ pound boneless beef top sirloin, trimmed, diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- Pinch sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- Â¼ teaspoon ground clove
- Â¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Â¼ teaspoon all spice
- Pinch salt or more to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large nonstick saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook onion, stirring frequently, until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add sweet potato and steak and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add broth, garlic, sugar and spices.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until potato is tender and beef is just cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain using a colander. Discard liquid.
- Serve over a bed of rice or pour into a baked pie shell.