- Prep: 14 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 39 min
- Serving: Serves 4-6 people
Served for lunch or dinner, Sirloin Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette is a nice meal option that won't leave you stuffed. Serve with crunchy bread and a nice glass of wine.
- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin, cut 1-inch thick
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 bags of prepared Romaine lettuce
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon for 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest & 3-4 tablespoons of juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Preheat your oven's broiler. Season the steak with salt & pepper. Put the steak on a broiler pan and broil about 5 inches from the heat until the steak is cooked to your liking. Turn the steak one time during cooking. Once cooked & cool to touch, slice the steak into thin slices.
- For the vinaigrette, combine the olive oil, lemon zest, juice, oregano and garlic into a jar or spill-proof container. Shake until mixed well. Season with salt and pepper and shake again.
- Add the lettuce to a serving bowl, top with the steak, onion, tomatoes, bleu cheese, and drizzle the vinaigrette on top.